Eureka ORO Mignon Single Dose 65mm Flat Steel (Diamond) Coffee Grinder
- Single Dose Grinding: The Mignon Single Dose is designed to grind espresso-sized doses you measure before adding to the grinder. This ensures minimal coffee waste and maximum flavor.
- 65mm Burrs: Equipped with Eureka's 65mm Diamond Inside burrs, the Mignon SD promises excellent service live and high-quality grind consistency.
- Sound Insulated: The Eureka Oro line of Mignons feature sound insulation at hopper, chute, and motor to grind quieter than most espresso grinders.
- Blow-Up Hopper: The Mignon Single Dose comes with a miniature hopper that features a rubber bellows attachment to pump air through the grinder, pushing out stray grinds.
- Manual Dosing: After weighing your dose, grind with a single switch into the included stainless steel dosing cup.
- Handbuilt in Milan: Every Eureka grinder is built by hand in Milan, Italy.
The Eureka Oro Mignon Single Dose Grinder is an Italian-made single-dosing coffee grinder that has been optimized for minimal retention and all-purpose grinding. Equipped with a set of 65 mm, Diamond Inside® treated burrs, it has an incredible output of up to 2.8 g/sec when grinding for espresso and 3.3 g/sec for brewed coffee. For anyone looking for a quality single-dosing grinder with a dual emphasis on looks and performance, this grinder fits the bill nicely.
In order to optimize the Mignon for single dosing, Eureka implemented a number of changes to improve grinding speed, lower retention, and optimize workflow. Many of these changes occurred on the inside of the grinder, including an upgraded 1650 rpm direct drive motor. The most obvious update is the new inclined design that has become a staple for single-dosing grinders.
To grind, the Mignon Single Dose is equipped with a set of 65 mm, Diamond Inside® treated burrs, which boast a grinding lifespan of over 3,000 lbs of coffee. Somewhat massive for a grinder this compact, the 65 mm diameter helps ensure consistent particle distribution and contributes to a high-speed output that ranges from 2.3g/sec to 3.3g/sec across the entire grinding spectrum.
Grind adjustment is step-less and micrometric, allowing incredibly precise changes to grind size that is made even easier with the oversized comfort knob. The 45 g bean hopper has also been redesigned for single dosing, with a funnel-like shape that feeds beans downward into the burrs and a vented tab that is compatible with the optional Blow-Up System cleaning accessory. The hopper lid is also a quality piece, made of walnut with the words "Single Dose" burned into it.
Operating the grinder is as simple as pressing the On/Off switch located on the right side of the housing, and a 45 g stainless steel dosing cup is included to assist with grinding workflow. The cup is perfect for transferring beans into the hopper and then grinding into. It has a 58 mm diameter that fits most portafilters and is also great for transferring grounds to manual brewing devices like pour-over drippers or French presses. The walnut base of the grinding platform houses a magnet that securely holds the wooden base in place while grinding.
From an aesthetics standpoint, the Mignon Single Dose's walnut components, full aluminum housing, and silent grinding allow it to easily fit into any kitchen or coffee bar. Even optimized for single dosing, the grinder is still a mere 5" wide and under 13" tall.
|Product Dimensions||14.96" x 4.72" x 7.09"|
|Number of Group Heads||Two Group|
|White Friday Discounts||Discount 3%|